The lovely stephjms of A Peacock In a Robin’s Nest nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger Award!
I follow her blog very closely, you see, and I can tell you she’s got a lot of interesting, unusual and beautiful stuff going on in there. So, I think you should hop on over to her blog and check that out!
This is my first nomination ever and I’m giddy. Hehe! 😉
So, I find out that the rules for this award are:
1. Post seven interesting things about myself.
2. Nominate other bloggers who I feel deserve the award.
3. Let them know about the nomination.
🙂 🙂 🙂
So, ahem! Not sure about whether the following things are interesting to anybody at all, but these are just 7 random stuff about me:
1. As a child, my dream was to one day be a ballet dancer. For some reason, my parents had me studying instead the piano. In high school, I somehow convinced my mother, despite our crumbling finances, to let me study drums because it was the cool thing back then (think Watts of “Some Kind of Wonderful”). Now, I’m vicariously living that childhood dream as my kid Lover goes to ballet school and is passionate about it. To me, it’s a wonderful treat just to be able to watch her every class.
2. I don’t think I can live without red wine, brewed coffee, and potato chips (Kettle Brand sea salt and black pepper).
3. I have a collection of old, thrifted, school-boy style shoes that I never wear, specially after that one time that I tried on a pair and Lover worriedly demanded why I was wearing Daddy’s shoes and not “pretty shoes.”
4. I have never really gotten past the 80s music. Yep, bad hair and all. I get Boy George, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Wham!, and The Cure. One of my favorite songs and music videos ever is the one-hit wonder “I Wanna Be Like Harry Houdini” (by Kon Kan).
5. Every single day, I try my best to be less bad-tempered and to swear less. Really, I do.
6. I do my best to have lunch, as often as I possibly can, as close as possible to a natural body of water.
7. I like reading, and appreciate the art of, labels. Yeah, like labels on skin care products, cereal boxes, and clothes tags.
Drum roll, please! These are just 15 (in no particular order) of the many wonderful, enjoyable blogs whom I follow and I feel deserve the award because their blogs truly share beauty to the world!
12. out for the day
Have a beautiful day! 😉
With love always,